The quantity of controlled substances and the location of those substances can influence the type of charge that an individual receives when drugs and drug paraphernalia are found by law enforcement. Standard drug possession turns into drug distribution and possession with intent to sell if intent to deliver can be implied. The penalties of such charges can be as severe as ones that would arise from selling directly to an undercover police officer.
By contacting the Law Office of Mark R. Stephens, you can secure steadfast representation from an Everett drug delivery defense attorney.
Finding Alternatives to Sentencing and Fines In Drug Offenses
Beyond the potential prison sentence and fines, drug crime convictions cause inescapable criminal records that follow individuals for years upon years. You need an attorney who not only knows the law but also knows how to cater the law to your needs, and help you get the second chance you need to protect your future and move forward.
A smart lawyer can work to get you alternatives to standard sentences, such as:
- Electronic home monitoring (also known as EHM or house arrest) aka house arrest
- Work release options so that you do not lose your job
- Community service programs
- Drug treatment or rehabilitation programs for drug court cases
- Diversion resulting in charge dismissal once certain conditions are met — such as treatment plans, probation or the payment of court fees
Snohomish County Drug Distribution Defense Attorney
Call 425-320-4931 or e-mail to schedule a free initial consultation and speak directly with Washington state criminal defense lawyer Mark Stephens. He provides representation to both English- and Spanish-speaking clients and can be flexible in payment options.